Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rest In Peace - Frank McCourt


I, like many Irish-Americans read all of Frank McCourt's books and watched the movie of Angela's Ashes and it broadened my understanding of his personal experience both in Ireland and in America. I enjoyed his writing and as I struggle to write my memoir I am inspired by him and by his writing. There is a quote by Frank McCourt that is so true not just of his life but so many of our lives especially in America. I know it is true for mine. Frank McCourt said "F. Scott Fitzgerald said there are no second acts in American lives. I think I've proven him wrong," So true. He taught English for thirty years, went on to write three books, win a Pulitzer Prize and see his book turned into a movie. What a life. I know he had more stories and books in him but he leaves us with a great legacy. Rest in Peace Frank McCourt, you will be missed but you enriched our lives by your contribution.........

Irish Central Coverage:

http://url4t.com/ddB

No comments: