Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dublin Slang

I found this on Youtube and thought it was interesting. My first trip to Ireland took me to Dublin, County Mayo on the West Coast and to Dungannon in Northern Ireland. It was challenging to understand the language in the different areas. When I came back I discovered this little video and found it fun. I'm sure that my relatives had a hard time with my accent as well. A lot of people today tell me they think I'm from Boston even though I grew up in the Bronx. At one time people have described my accent as Southern, and as from Louisiana. Now my parents both had a brogue when I was young. My accent was influenced by the mix that was the Bronx. Today I say my accent is migrating to the West Coast but got lost and went up the East Coast. So check out the Dublin accent.

No comments: