Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Aunt Maggie - You Never Want to Lose Your Courage

"You Never Want to Lose Your Courage"
Maggie (O'Donnell) Quinn


Today I called my Aunt Maggie in Ireland to wish her a happy birthday. She was born in 1914 and is 95 years old today. Aunt Maggie was born the year WW II started and before Ireland achieved it's independence. The world has changed so much since she was born. She still lives on the mountain in Glanduff, Ireland where she was born.

She told me today that she would like to travel to New York to see where her deceased sister's Mary and Ann (my mother lived). She has never traveled to America but she said she wasn't afraid to make the trip.

She then said "You never want to lose your courage." What an amazing statement to hear from someone of her age. She's a mighty woman and I couldn't agree more, I never want to lose my courage.

Happy Birthday Aunt Maggie and thank you for sharing your wisdom with me......

No comments: